- Version 2.3.1 October
- Added the ability to allow for the default
scheme to load when QR opens.
(this can be found in the preferences.)
- Improvement to Mac OS X Compatibility.
- Redesigned Preference window, improved layout.
- Version 2.3 March
- Mac OS X long file names support.
- New export format... XML!
- New "Modify Characters Options" added
under Append Options, called "Reverse Case", this will
change any file name's characters from uppercase to lowercase and
lowercase to uppercase.
- Bug fix for renaming with the correct date
- Dropped the 68k (non-powerpc)
- Version 2.1
October 10th, 2001
- Now OS X Compatible
- Improved access to the Help Center
- Improved Quick Rename's update information,
example... loading files, renaming files, etc.
- Modified for OS 8.x -> 9.x and OS X
transparent compatibility (make one change, updates all versions of
- Cosmetic improvements for OS X.
- Version 2.0.1 June
- Fixed Bug where the Modify Options were not
being saved to a scheme.
- Fixed a bug where the user input text of the
Append Options were not being saved to a scheme.
- Fixed a cosmetic bug
where the Modify Sample text was not showing properly.
- Version 2.0 April
- Final Release
- Path to filename's fixed (filename paths were
being cut off if complete path was longer than
- Request for registration window showing up when
attempted to register under the About Menu Fixed.
- A redesigned Selection window, allows for better
compatibility and just looks nicer.
- Completed the QR
language modularization to allow for easier translation.
- Version 2.0b4
December 15th, 2000
- Modifed QR to allow the blackslash key as a user
requested, letting rename your files to a compaible windows/ms-dos
- Work continues to make QR modularized for
translation to foriegn languages.
- Version 2.0b3
December 15th, 2000
- Major bug fixed in the renaming of files
(hopefully the last in this area)
- Modularizing Quick Rename to be easier to
translate to foriegn languages.
- Help Center is near completion.
- Version 2.0b2
November, 9th, 2000
- First Public Beta Released!
- Help Center is now
HTML (Note: The help files are still under construction, so no
comments at this time)
- Version 2.0b1
- First Beta Release
- Added Registration
Window & Process.
- Version 2.0a17
- Resize is intentionally turned off, will be
turned back on when released.
- Testing will only be
available in 68k until late Beta stages.
- Version 2.0a16
- Another attempt to
get rid of this pesky roach... "OutOfBoundsException",
hopefully the last.
- Version 2.0a15
- Bug fixed in Renaming procedure, hopefully
- Bug fixed for manipulation, wasnt clearing old
- New Save option
currently being worked on, will offer multiple delimited export options.
- Version 2.0a13
- Bug fix for updating
the file information after renaming.
- Version 2.0a12
- First Non-Private Release of 2.0
- Re-designed Interface.
- Recursion of Folders / Directories.
- May notice speed improvement.
- Separate window for selecting files.
- Filtering by Creation & Modified File Date.
- Filtering by Date, Time, or Date & Time.
- Separate window for Append Options
- Append Files Date and/or Time, (Created & Modified)
- Append The Directory Name the file is in.
- Upper/Lower/Title Case located in Append window.
- New Feature, trim off a specified number of charaters
including a specified length or the start from a character specified.
- New Schemes Feature, allows you to save "sets" for
diffferent renaming groups.
- If you change the creator to "ttxt", you can edit it
- Drag & Drop for the listbox & for the app's icon.
- Manipulation Process
- Rename Process.
- Version 2.0d1 ->
2.0a10 (Internal work, no history available)
- Version 1.5 March,
- Version 1.5 GM
- Fixed a bug in the date filtering, due to
foriegn coutries of date methods.
- Version changed to
1.5 due to all the new features and bug fixes.
- Version 1.2fc3
- Major problems in the Date Filtering has been
- Fixed some wording in the help documentation.
- Added a new icon for
the program, thanks to Laurent.
- Version 1.2fc2
- Fixed numerous typos in the Balloon help
- Added an icon to the upper right hand corner of
the main window, for the help window.
- Fixed a typo when presses when there are no
files selected or highlighted, it no longer says "complete"
- Added "Preview", "Save
Data", "Rename" button as an menu item.
- Added Balloon help
messages for controls missing them.
- Version 1.2fc1
- Redid the status of files being loaded, their
progress during renaming.
- Redid the help files, now located in the Menu
"Help" called "Using Quick Rename"
- Add another append option, append an
- Added "Skip Duplicates" and "Unique
Name" Option for resolving duplicate problems.
- Hopefully resolved
the possible duplicate problems involved with Quick Rename.
- Version 1.2b6
- Fixed a major bug in the renaming scheme, where
it would improperly rename a file if there was one of the same file
being named too.
- With this Fix, i
added a Popup Menu, which allows you to select an option to skip that
file or attempt to force a custom name on it. -- You can see what i
mean by Previewing.
- Version 1.2b5r2
- Fixed a bug in the renaming process when adding
- Fixed a bug where there was 2 of the same names
after choosing options, now does -1, -2 to make them different.
- Fixed the Month and Day Selection fields so that
their not greater than 12, and 31.
- I will fix the
resize of the window and the balloon helps in the last pre-release of
- Version 1.2b5
- Added prevention of certain characters from
being allowed in the input fields.
- Fixed numeric fields to only allow numbers.
- Minor updating problem after renaming.
- Added renaming checks, checks if path has been
changed and if the file name has been changed. I'll look into if i can
get it to monitor the finder for changes, and make it smart.
- Append Upper/Lowercase fixed to let you know
which one overrides which, may remove it into a diff area...
- Various other fixes
and improvements (basically forgot what i fixed) ;)
- Version 1.2b4
- Problem renaming files being dragged from the
- Fixed some Nil Object Bugs (i think).
- Added Uppercase and Lowercase feature.
- Fixed a typo in "Pad Width"
- Modified Date Selection to allow Selecting
Before, On, or After a date specified.
- Changed the Append option, so each selection can
- Fixed a bug where adding ":" in the
time would not work for renaming, and changed "/" to
"-" for the Date Append for Windows Compatibility.
- Fixed a renaming bug
- Version 1.2b3
- Moved the Pad Options to its own category, as
- Closing the Window now quits the problem,
majority ruled in this case ;)
- Typo's Fixed.
- Added option to Replace All or Replace Once.
- Modified the viewing of the ListBox, now shows
both Date and Size at once.
- Moved the Selection Menu under the ListBox.
- In a Preview, Files that will be longer than 31
characters are now marked as "Not Able to Rename"
- Each Category Can be turned on/off (not
including Append Option)
- Using the Command
Key allows for selection of your choice (already there if people didnt
- Version 1.2b2
- Fixed carry on problems for the Select Menu.
- Fixed the SetFocus problem when using the Select
- Fixed a bug in the
Drag & Drop to the ListBox for files and for folders to the
- Version 1.2b1
- Drag & Drop Implementation
- New Filtering Method, doesn't hide files
anymore, it now allows for filtering by selection.
- Added additional selecting options.
- Removed the extension window and replaced with a
second Append Option.
- Fixed Replace option to allow for space
replacement of the first space in the name
- Fixed a naming bug, it wasn't naming files
longer than 21 characters, now fixed to 31 (macintosh standard)
- Fixed the clearing problem of the ListBox after
renaming, now updates it with the new names.
- Minor Improvement to the Save Data option, now
allows you to cancel.
- Improved Selection methods of Date, giving it
more of an accurate filtering.
- Added new "Smart Padding" (Natural
Naming), will auto calculate the number of zeros your files require.
- Added a Reset Button to reset all options to
default application setting.
- Added Size filtering options in bytes,
Kilobytes, and Megabytes with less than/equal too/greater than
- Fixed renaming bug
during rename process, if files existed in the midst of renaming.
- Version 1.0 January,
- Added a button 3Save Data2 to save detailed
Information about the files.
- Added the option to add an extension during
- Fixed A bug in the Filtering option.